A lot of our favorite exercises require us to be outdoors, swimming, biking, jogging, they’re all outdoor activities. Even sports leagues are known for taking breaks during the winter, the familiar winter freeze is no condition to be in when spending hours outside. Yet, we can’t justify letting go of our health for months at a time, so how do we get around chilly winters?
It just depends on your budget. If you’re interested in something that won’t break the bank, check out these low cost ideas and activities.
- Gym - Depending on the gyms available in your area, a membership can be very cost effective if you’re planning on using it several times a week. It provides a more controlled area for exercise during bad weather, while giving access to several pieces of equipment.
- DIY - By now, we all know that DIY stands for “do it yourself”. The idea behind this is to stay indoors with budget “equipment”. A personal favorite for a replacement in weights is to fill milk jugs up with sand. There are exercise videos that require nothing more than an open space in the living room that could be a good investment as well.
- Bundle Up - Some people might insist on braving the winter weather, but to avoid getting sick or unwanted wear and tear on the body, stay warm and hydrated this winter.
There are other ways of avoiding the freezing cold, but it can be quite costly. However, it is also known to be cheaper in the long run, just not for a short term period.
The idea is to create your own personal gym at home, a spare room isn’t required but it does make it easier and more presentable. If your budget allows this type of solution, then here’s a few pieces of equipment to get you started.
- Stamina Elite Total Body Recumbent Bike - An exercise bike is a well known and great piece of equipment for various forms of upper and lower body workouts. This particular bike has another set of pedals for the “handles” to promote a full body workout.
- Stamina Avari Height Adjustable Treadmill - Another excellent form of exercise includes walking and running. A treadmill is a convenient and effective way to burn calories, much like you would from running a mile around the neighborhood. This treadmill can be adjusted for specific heights and is easily portable.
- CVA Exercise Pulley - This Pulley comes with an extended door bracket to adjust where you’d like to set up your pulley. This is a great product for upper body workouts and is even used for physical therapy. Great for stretching and strength training while maintaining its portable status.
- Stamina InLine Back Stretch Bench - Used to maintain core balance by stretching to relieve back pain and pressure while strengthening those core muscles.
Investing in your own personal gym can be a costly expense, but if you plan to continue exercising for years to come, it becomes worth it quite fast. Eventually the gym memberships will add up and the use of this equipment will no longer be worth the money. However, investing in the equipment for yourself can be a great way to budget in the long run. No matter the method you prefer, stay warm if you plan to continue outdoor routines and activities this winter!
© Copyright 2018 The Wright Stuff, Inc. Articles may only be redistributed in its unedited form. Written permission from The Wright Stuff, Inc. must be obtained to reprint or cite the information contained within this article.